Please enter a search term to begin your search.
Write Editorial Letters
This page contains the instructions for writing editorial letters. To access this project you must first obtain both the Level 2 English Editing Credential and the Level 1 Chicago Manual of Style Credential.
Learn more about these requirements in the "Level 2 Editing Resource Center."
Write a professional, customer-centric editorial letter by effectively summarizing the information from the editor comments below and by evaluating the edited manuscript included in this task.
Write the letter in a Microsoft Word document and upload the saved document.
There are four main requirements for this project:
- Write and format the letter according to the Chicago Manual of Style
- Follow the CloudCrowd Editorial Letter Guidelines
- Writing must be professional and customer-centric. While writing ask yourself the following questions:
- Would I take this advice if this is how it was presented to me?
- Would I be offended if I read this?
- Would I be comfortable if a stranger gave this feedback to my mother or father?
- The editorial letter must be at least 375 words in length
Refer to example editorial letters for formatting, tone, and quality of the final copy.
Before You Upload
- Verify that your editorial letter is at least 375 words in length.
- Review your editorial letter for spelling and grammatical errors; there should be no errors when you submit your letter.
Maximum Time Allowed: 3 hours
Important Note: Write Editorial Letter is paid per 300 words (based on the un-edited manuscript).